- Membership Body
- What is my therapuetic modality?
- What can I help with?
- What are my specialisms?
- Why did I choose these specialisms?
- Certificate in Online & Telephone Counselling
- Level 4 Diploma in Counselling – this required 100 hours supervised placement and qualified me to work with clients.
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Post-Graduate Certificate in History by Independent Study
- BA (Hons) History
Certificates available upon request.
I am an Individual Member of the BACP and an accredited member of the NCS. This means that I follow their ethical framework, and they are the body that handle any complaints.
I am also fully insured with Holistic Insurance, and am registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
What is my therapuetic modality?
I offer person-centred therapy. You can read more about the core principles here. In a nutshell, person-centred therapy sees you as the expert in yourself. The therapists role is to work alongside you to support you to find the answers you need.
I work in a very relational manner – this means that whilst we work on supporting you, you will get to know me reasonably well. It’s a big ask to expect people to be vulnerable with their therapist, and I am comfortable in being vulnerable with clients. It’s the thing I valued the most in my own personal therapy. If you have any questions about therapy with myself, you are welcome to contact me here.
What can I help with?
I work with a range of issues, including:
- Anger Issues
- Relationship Difficulties
- Family Issues
- Chronic Illness & Disability
- Low Self-Esteem
- Self-Harm & Suicide
If you would like to know if I can work with you, please contact me, and we can have a brief discussion about your needs. Sometimes I refer people on, this is to ensure that they receive the most appropriate care and support.
What are my specialisms?
Disability & Chronic Illness
- Mental Health, Neurodiversity and Physical Health
- Navigating the Welfare System
- Support through the diagnosis process
- Impact on work/education
I can and will also work with family members/carers.
Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity
- Exploring sexuality
- Exploring gender diversity
- Monogamy and Ethical Non-Monogamy
- Impact on relationships
- Coming Out
You will find several articles about my experiences with both disability and LGBTQIA issues throughout my website. You can also follow my facebook, twitter and instagram.
I’m a big fan of the therapeutic benefits of geek culture – from relating to TV/movie characters and memes to using things such as TTRPGs and LARPs in the therapy room.
Why did I choose these specialisms?
I am very open about my own identity within both the LGBTQIA+ community and as a disabled person. It is for this reason that I was drawn to these areas of support. The below images show some information about these identities.