Counselling & Therapy
I work to the principles of Person Centred therapy. For more on my understanding of PCT, follow this link.
Having received therapy myself for quite some time, I truly believe in the importance of therapy in modern society, regardless of mental health.
Qualifications to Date:
– Level 4 Diploma in Counselling (current)
– Level 3 Certificate in Counselling
– Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
– Post-Graduate Diploma in History
– BA (Hons) History
Continued Professional Development:
– Certificate in Online & Telephone Counselling
– Race, Culture & Anti-Discrimination
– Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing
– Sexual Violence: Male Survivors (Del Campbell, Delversity)
– Sex Work Today (Del Campbell, Delversity)
– Chemsex (Del Campbell, Delversity)
– Trans Awareness and Gender Inclusivity (Del Campbell, Delversity)
– An Introduction to Childhood Adversity and Trauma Informed Practice
– Developing Trauma Informed Practice
Welcome to Budding Therapy. My name is Becki (She/They) and I am a trainee Person-Centred Therapist.
I have a background in discrimination history having studied this in extensive detail at BA and Post-Graduate level (specialising in issues around race, racism and oppression).
I have worked within the education sector for the past 7 years, particularly within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
I have a further expertise in disabilities, hidden illnesses and chronic illness, Domestic Abuse & Violence, Sexual Abuse, and Trauma. For more on this, visit my background page.
Featured Podcast Episode
Read the article here